it was all down to some worldwide password leakage……
1) As Wendy Ilsley has already told you, Arrows Silver team has sadly withdrawn from Div 3 with immediate effect – points from matches they have played or conceded in the second half of the season have been deleted. Arrows should already have refunded court fees to the clubs with which they conceded in January and will do so for those which are missing games from this week. ONL has made a special concession in allowing the remaining Silver team members to play down in Arrows Black but with the restriction that only 3 may be in the squad for any one match, only 2 on court at one time
2) Duty teams are reminded to turn the phone on and to follow the check list instructions, especially if they have not done duty before. Clubs are responsible for briefing their members on routines. If the phone needs charging, take it indoors and plug it in for as long as possible or give it to someone who will be there for early matches on the next ONL evening to charge at home use the black trumpet if the siren is being feeble.
3) Sophie Andrews (ONL Umpiring Secretary) will be on maternity leave from March 12 and therefore off duty for sending out emergency umpire appeals for a while – please contact umpires yourself, using the list provided. Best wishes to Sophie for a happy & safe delivery.
4) I’m sad to report that 2 cars were broken into at the Arena yesterday (Monday 5 February) & had items stolen. I haven’t been told where exactly they were parked. Please be sure not to have any items of value in your car.
5) Advance notice that the Summer season ONL general meeting will be on Monday 16 April : the league will run from w/b Monday 30 April – then a week’s break for May Day bank holiday – then w/b 15 May through to w/b 16 July. Hopefully with a break for half term week, depending on division size – we’d like 6 x 10. Registration forms and dates for that will come from Wendy Ilsley or Liz Pummery.
6) ONL AGM & succession planning 3rd July. ONL Fixtures Secretary, Correspondence Secretary & Chair have declared their intention to step down & allow some new blood to get involved. However, for continuity, we don’t think that it should be all 3 in the same year. So 1 or 2 of us will serve one final year with the hope of some new faces shadowing those roles.
So, between now and June we ask any clubs who are not currently providing officers or committee members for ONL or ONDB or OJNL or CL to discuss with their members which role they could fill. Role descriptions are available – ask if you wish to read them.
An opportunity has come up to facilitate a Netball Now and Walking Netball session at the White Horse Leisure Centre in Abingdon.
These sessions take place on a Sunday evening : Netball Now is 7pm-8pm and Walking Netball is 8pm-9pm.
Both groups are really social with numbers gradually building each week. Ideally any interested individual would need to start Sunday 25th March, but this is flexible.
You don’t need to be a qualified coach
GLL pay £15/hour
email Kirsty Heath : email@example.com for more details.
Good evening everyone
There will eventually be a new Oxfordshire Netball website but we are not rushing into it – a sub committee will spend a while deciding how we want it to look and what it should contain.
In the short term we are tidying up the present site – removing old news, correcting inaccurate information and hopefully have our documents downloadable. Sue Lyons (ON Communications Officer, Abbey NC) is collecting all the necessary information for that, before passing it on to the amazing Anita Kent, in Perth, WA.
ALL CLUBS – CHAIRS, SECRETARIES, TEAM CAPTAINS : look at your clubs listing and send amendments to Sue by 8.00 pm this Sunday 29 October with anything else you notice that needs correcting. firstname.lastname@example.org
Scorers : should stand together at the side of the court and check they have the same score after every goal
Umpires should be informed immediately if there is discrepancy – they must establish the correct score
Spare set of bibs : our spare set of black bibs for use in emergencies is still missing from the duty crate – someone must have them – please enquire from all your teams
Umpires : please be sure to record on the match card or results sheet or e-mail email@example.com the details if you have to caution, warn or suspend a player : give club, playing position, name if known and the misdemeanour for which you had to act
Lesley Williams ONL Chair 07982 439 828
What a night that was! many thanks and congratulations to Lesley Kilpack and her organising committee for such a professional, slick but relaxed and happy evening, which will live long in the memory! We were delighted to welcome Pamela Cookey as guest speaker, to present the awards and draw the Cancer Research tombola winners ….. the total raised still to be announced
Congratulations too, to all the Goalden Globes nominees and these award winners
Grassroots coach : Danielle Ashurst
Grassroots Officiating : Jo Davies
Mary Bulloch Administrator : Mel Phillips
Murial McNally grassroots : Lesley Kilpack
Young Volunteer : over 18 – Lois McDonald; under 18 – Emily Barker
Unsung hero : Laura Hextall
Teacher : Vicky Jackson
Outstanding club : Banbury Blues
Life time achievement : Jo Kelly
There are photos on facebook!